This is where you will find only the brands which passed our lab’s quality analysis. Our quality analysis, which is our basic supplement screening process, simply filters product that do not meet the following criteria:
- The supplement must contain at least 95% of the ingredient quantity claimed by its label (5% deterioration is the standard allowance for storage and delivery)
- The supplement must contain NO IMPURITIES OR ADDITIVES
After the screening process, each product is graded according to additional criteria:
- Source – whether you opt for a fish-oil based omega 3 or a vegetable oil based omega, it’s important that it’s cleanly sourced. Fish oil, especially, can present a risk of mercury consumption.
- EPA-DHA Balance — Both types of fatty acid .
- Potency – the amount of Omega within the supplement; measured in mg.
- Price – self-explanatory, however it is important to remember that in most cases you get what you pay for.
#1 OmegaXL All-Natural Omega-3 Supplement
Omega XL is a leader in the Omega 3 supplement industry and is privileged to have one of the best supply lines for purest Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega XL doesn’t source their Omega 3 from standard fish, instead it is sourced from New Zealand green-lipped mussels.
Although this does drive up the cost of the product, the sheer variety of fatty acids found in these little critters is far more than that of fish. Over 30 different fatty acids, in fact, can be found in green-lipped mussels. Additionally, these mussels come from very clean waters and, as a bonus, supplements made using them do not have a fishy aftertaste (no fish burps).
Omega XL sets the standard for Omega 3 supplements and should be your choice if you can afford it. Omega XL is our choice for Best Omega Supplement of 2019.
Overall Score: 4.5/5
Thorough Coverage: 4.5/5
- MUSSELS FOR YOUR JOINTS: The active ingredient in OmegaXL is sourced from green-lipped mussels – not fish. Our green lipped mussels are sustainably farmed in the pristine ocean waters of New Zealand. The oil extract in OmegaXL is natural, safe, and effective.
- BENEFITS OF OMEGAXL: Don’t let everyday aches and pains hold you back from living a healthy active life. By adding OmegaXL to your diet, you are getting more than 30 different fatty acids including Omega-3s that help support joint health and more.
- NO FISHY AFTERTASTE: OmegaXL is potent, safe and comes in small, easy to swallow soft-gel caps.
#2 BioSchwartz Omega3 Fish Oil
Sourced from Icelandic fish and tested for purity and quality, BioSchwartz offers an Omega 3 supplement which is a strong contender for the top Omega supplement of 2019.
Although not as complete a source of Omega 3 fatty acids, the value for the quality of this supplement is extremely high – you will not find a better option at this price range. Some consumers have reported an issue with a fishy aftertaste, however, aside from that, the customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Overall Score: 4.3/5
Thorough Coverage: 4.2/5
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND BIOAVAILABILITY - Unlike most fish oil supplements on the market, our Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Omega 3 is extracted using a proprietary method that concentrates the value of Omega-3's for enhanced absorption and superior bioavailability.
- SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT FROM ICELAND: Our fish are never farm-raised; they are caught fresh from the pristine, cold waters of Iceland for exceptional purity and zero contamination, as evidenced by the rigorous testing of each and every batch.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY HEART - May help support and maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range.
#3 Dr. Tobias Omega 3 Fish Oil Triple Strength
Sourced from wild-caught fish and manufactured in a GMP facility, Dr Tobias Omega 3 Triple Strength is a wonderful mid-range option for those looking to ramp up their intake of Omega 3.
Our analysis shows that this supplement delivers a verified 2000 mg of non-GMO Omega 3 fatty acids. As an added bonus, the enteric-coated capsules prevent the ‘fishy’ aftertaste that many Omega 3 supplements have.
Overall Score: 4.1/5
Thorough Coverage: 4.5/5
- PREMIUM QUALITY & TRIPLE STRENGTH: 2,000 mg of fish oil delivering 1,400 mg of Omega-3's (800 mg EPA, 600 mg DHA) per serving.
- DESIGNED FOR BETTER ABSORPTION & NO FISHY AFTERTASTE: Enteric coating for better absorption of the essential fatty acids resulting in no fishy aftertaste or burps.
- 100% NON-GMO WILD-CAUGHT FISH: Sourced from fresh wild-caught fish in an FDA registered & inspected GMP-certified facility.
#4 Arazo Nutrition Omega 3 Fish Oil
Overall Score: 4.0/5
Thorough Coverage: 4.3/5
- HIGH DOSE AT 2250MG – Higher EPA and DHA levels than other brands with a total of 2,250mg Omega 3 Fatty Acid content
- ULTRA PURE AND REFINED – Purified with molecular distillation at minimal temperatures to remove all heavy metals, mercury, PCB's and other toxins
- 100% OCEAN WILD CATCH – Special extraction method for the highest volume of EPA and DHA
#5 Vitafusion Omega-3 Adult Gummies
Overall Score: 3.8/5
Thorough Coverage: 3.5/5